A complementary feed for horses prone to itching and damaging skin, manes and tails. Support for healthy cartilage joint lubrication and healthy connective tissue.
Support for mobility: Chondroitin sulphate is a primary component in proteoglycan, an important structural component of cartilage.
Joints contain cartilage and synovial fluid, both of which are shock absorbing and reduce friction during joint movement.
Chondroitin sulphate provides structure, helps cartilage retain water and nutrients, and allows other molecules to move through the cartilage. This is extremely important, as there is no blood supply to cartilage which relies on healthy synovial fluid for its nutrition.
In addition Chondroitin sulphate also works to enhance glucosamine.
- Chondroitin sulphate: 5,000 mg to 10,000 mg twice daily.
- Spirulina: 20 grams twice daily.
Research also suggests Linseed can help support horses prone to midge bites, however, a high dose of Linseed was used in the study: 450g per day for a 450 kg horse.
Composition: Chondroitin sulphate (100%).
Analytical Constituents: Calcium 0.5 %, Crude Protein 20.0 %, Crude Ash 25.0 %.
Benefits and uses:
- A Major component of cartilage bone and tough connective tissues.
- Support for bones as they heal.
- Support the ability of cartilage to withstand wear and tear.
- To aid in joint lubrication and healthy connective tissue.
- Enhance the shock-absorbing properties of collagen.
- Block enzymes that break down cartilage.
- Help maintain normal immune system response to fly bites.
Suggested intake: For a horse weighing approximately 450 kilograms.
Joint Support 5,000 mg – 6,000 mg per day.
Horses prone to itching 5,000 mg -10,000 mg twice daily.
One rounded 5 ml scoop supplies approximately 5 g of product (5000 mg of Chondroitin).
Pack size and availability: Progressive Earth Chondroitin sulphate powder equine feed supplement is available in resealable grip seal pouches containing 300 grams of product. Multiple purchase options are available.