Magnesium Oxide, actual purity 99.7% to 99.8% MgO.
Please note the actual percentage of Magnesium Oxide MgO varies between 99.7% and 99.8% depending on the batch number of the product in stock. The actual percentage will be written clearly on the bag.
Magnesium Oxide 99.7% to 99.8% is a high purity ultra low iron 27ppm (0.0027%) human pharmaceutical grade magnesium. It is virtually tasteless, making it well accepted in food. It is of a very fine particle size for optimum absorption.
- Magnesium oxide is the primary ingredient in many of the quality equine calming products on the market.
- Magnesium is needed for more than 325 enzymes within the horses body.
- Involved in protein synthesis so needed for general growth and repair of tissue, e.g. Hooves.
Required for the maintenance of normal blood circulation within the body, limbs and feet of the horse
- Magnesium is critical for balanced secretion of insulin and glucose uptake.
- It is involved in supporting correct blood sugar levels after carbohydrate intake and inadequate levels are
associated with incorrect insulin function (symptoms include cresty neck and/or fat deposits).
- Magnesium is essential for proper calcium absorption and is an important mineral in the bone matrix.
It can also assist in the absorption and metabolism of Vitamins B, C and E.
- Low levels of Magnesium can result in nervousness and an inability to concentrate, tight tense muscles
which are less able to relax, tightness or tenderness through the back, slow to warm up.
- Periods of stress lead to an increased need for magnesium.
- Magnesium is often lacking in equine diets due to processed, preserved, high concentrated feeds.
- Magnesium is important for the detoxification of toxic substances from the body. It supports
against heavy metal toxicity.
- The availability of magnesium is low in; fast growing lush grass; after periods of rainfall; in
acid soils i.e. ‘horse sick pastures’ or artificially fertilised pastures (acid conditions destroy soil
microorganisms which are used to make the minerals usable by plants).
- Useful when magnesium needs boosting in the diet of horse and ponies prone to laminitis.
Feeding guidelines (Requirement may vary):
2g of Magnesium Oxide 99.7% to 99.8% per 100kg of bodyweight, (10g of magnesium oxide daily for an average 500kg horse)
1 X 15ml measuring scoop = 10g Magnesium Oxide 99.7% to 99.8% (providing approximately 6g elemental magnesium)
1 X 25ml measuring scoop = 15g Magnesium Oxide 99.7% to 99.8% (providing approximately 9g elemental magnesium)
Pack size and availability: Progressive Earth Magnesium Oxide 99.7% to 99.8% equine feed supplement is available in resealable grip seal pouches containing either 1 Kg, 2 Kg or 4 Kg of product.
Multiple purchase options are available.