Whey Protein Isolate (90% Protein)
Progressive earth whey protein isolate is a high quality protein for horses. Isolate is one of the purest whey proteins available, each 100 grams contains 90g of protein (dry basis) and has a comprehensive amino acid profile that provides all the essential amino acids (EAAs), is low in fat and lactose and a rich source of calcium.
Amino acids are the building blocks of bones, muscles, and virtually all of the body’s soft tissues, for growth and repair. From the time a mare’s egg is fertilized, amino acids are required to build the proteins in the foal’s body
Protein is needed to support lean muscle mass; muscle, bone and joint structure, vital organ development, immune system health, hoof and connective tissue health.
Whey protein isolate is low in carbohydrates making it an ideal choice, for horses and ponies that are prone to laminitis and for overweight horses on reduced hay rations. These horses are often fed later cut forage which may be low in available protein; being low in sugar whey protein isolate can provide the extra protein that is needed without adding the extra calories.
Horses can benefit from an increase in protein if they are in heavy work or if they are prone to being lethargic. Horses that suffer with poor hoof and skin quality may also benefit from additional protein.
Uses/Benefits of Whey Protein Isolate:
- Contains all of the essential amino acids critical for muscle growth and development
- Supports a healthy topline
- Helps maintain strong muscles
- Can help support development of lean muscle mass.
- Older horses that cannot maintain a healthy topline
- Horses in Heavy work
- To support increased protein demands of the pregnant and lactating mare and growing foal
- Supports immunity and the benefits of antioxidants
- Laminitics and for overweight horses on reduced hay rations
- Supports increased protein needs of growing young horses in training
- Supports tissue repair and muscle growth in exercising horses of all ages and disciplines.
10 -20g of protein per 100kg of bodyweight.
1 x level 60ml scoop supplies approximately 20g of protein.
|Amino acid profile (g/100g)|
Mineral profile (mg per 100g):
Sodium (Na) 200mg, Potassium (K) 400mg, Calcium(Ca) 450mg, Phosphorus (P) 220mg, Magnesium (Mg) 50mg, Chloride (Cl) 50mg.
Calcium 0.4 %, Phosphorus 0.2 %, Sodium 0.2 %, Crude Protein 90%, Lysine 8.6 %, Methionine 1.9 %, Ash 3%, Fats 0.8%.
Composition: Whey Protein Isolate.
Store in a cool, dry place and out of direct sunlight.
Pack size and availability: Progressive Earth Ltd Whey Protein Isolate equine feed supplement is available in resealable grip seal pouches containing 2Kg of product.
Multiple purchase options are available.