Optimum nutritional support for the health of the entire equine Gastro Intestinal tract.
Helps maintain normal healthy intestinal mucosa, gut microflora & correct pH balance.
Pro G.I. is a high specification Gut balancer that supports the entire digestive tract. It helps maintain normal healthy intestinal mucosa, gut microflora & correct pH balance.
Pro G.I is manufactured in a UFAS (Universal Feed Assurance Scheme), BETA NOPS (Naturally Occurring Prohibited Substances), FEMAS (Feed Materials Assurance Scheme), ISO 22000 ( Food Safety Management System) certified state-of-the-art premix manufacturing facility. Pro G.I is produced using the highest quality feed assured ingredients under strictly controlled production conditions and conforms to the requirements of EU and UK legislation governing the manufacture of animal feeding stuffs.
Pro G.I. contains:
- Lecithin: A source of phospholipids, which support the health of the stomach lining at the cellular membrane level, nourishing the cell membranes of the digestive tract and helping protect the stomach from the damaging effects of excess acid. Lecithin can also help reduce levels of excitability and anxiety associated with digestive distress.
- Pectin: Forms a gel which helps support the delicate gastric mucosal lining of the stomach.
- Beta Glucans (derived from yeast): Feeding Beta Glucans can help counteract pathogenic microbes, moderate the release of sugars from the digestive system in the bloodstream and help boost immunity.
- ACIDBUF (Calcareous marine Algae): A Gentle Slow releasing buffering agent to help in the prevention & solution of acidosis problems in horses & ponies. Has a longer buffering action than limestone flour or sodium bicarbonate.
- Fructo-oligosaccharides (FOS) FOS works by providing the beneficial microbes in the horse’s gut with a source of energy, allowing them to reproduce and increase their population, which results in less opportunity for bad bacteria to thrive. Research has shown that bacteria such as E. coli and Clostridium perfringens, cannot utilise FOS which means that FOS is only available to beneficial species of gut microbes.
- Mannanoligosaccharides (MOS) MOS selectively binds to bad bacteria such as E. coli and Salmonella. The bad bacteria bind to MOS, rather than binding to the wall of the intestine and then are safely excreted in the manure. In doing so, it reduces the pathogens from potentially causing damage to the horses digestive tract
- Vistacell: A live yeast product of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae variety. VistaCell supports healthy gut microflora and helps maintain correct pH balance.
Feed Pro G.I. to:
- Support the entire digestive tract.
- Maintain healthy mucosa.
- Support the health of the stomach lining.
- Support healthy intestinal function.
- Help maintain healthy digestive system during periods of heavy work/stress/illness.
- Maintain correct pH balance.
- Help maintain a healthy immune system.
- Support production of Mucin.
- Counteract pathogenic microbes.
- Protect the stomach from the damaging effects of excess acid.
- Boost immunity.
- Help reduce behaviour problems associated with digestive distress.
- Reduce bloating.
- Help moderate the release of sugars from the digestive system.
- Horses with digestive upset, loose droppings.
- Improve fibre digestion.
- Older Horses.
Feeding rate: 30g per 100kg of body weight. Average 500kg horse: 3 x rounded 60ml scoops (150g) per day.
As with all new supplements introducing gradually.
Feed at full dose for a minimum period of 15 days.
2.25kg will last a 500 kg horse 15 days when fed at the rate of 150g per day
COMPLEMENTARY FEED FOR HORSES.
Calcium 10.7 %, Phosphorus 0.1%, Sodium 0.7%, Lysine 0.1%, Crude Protein 2.5%, Crude Fat 18.1%, Crude Fibre 1.7%,
Ash 35.6%, Acid Insoluble Ash 2.4%.
Additives (per kg):
Gut flora stabilizers: 166666666667 CFU/kg Saccharomyces cerevisiae MUCL39885 as Vistacell (4b1710).
Composition: Lecithin, Algae, Yeast, Pectin, FOS, Yeast Products and Peppermint.
Feeding rate: 30g per 100kg of body weight. 1 rounded scoop holds approximately 50g of product.
Average 500 kg horse feed: 3 rounded scoops (150g) per day.
We always advise with any new feed/supplement/dietary change that it should be made gradually due to the horse’s sensitive digestive system. As advised by the national research council.
Store in a cool, dry place and out of direct sunlight. Mix thoroughly into feed.
Keep out of reach of children. Wear protective clothing when handling.
Pack size and availability: Progressive Earth Ltd Pro G.I. equine feed supplement is available in resealable grip seal pouches containing 2.25 Kg of product.
Multiple purchase options are available.
Sarah Fisher (verified owner) –
Good service, plenty of advice, quick delivery but sadly we couldn’t get my horse to eat the product so I returned one of two bags, the second (opened) bag is gathering dust
Jayne (verified owner) –
Very effective, quality product. Service is fast and friendly. Can’t recommend highly enough!
Kate Nettleton (verified owner) –
Great product will not feed my lad anything else
caroline.e.s.jones (verified owner) –
I’m 4 weeks into using this – 3 weeks of tapering up to full dose and a week so far at the full feeding rate. Faecal water issue cleared up within the first week of starting to feed and hasn’t returned, bloating has reduced (he’s dropped 40kg on the weight tape and that’s after I had to double the amount of feed in his bucket to disguise the taste of this) and he’s generally a much happier 22-year-old pony. Just ordered more.
Anonymous (verified owner) –
Progressive Earth is a great company. They are fast to ship, have great customer service and great products that are suitable for my sensitive EMS horse. I love the little chocolate bar you get in your package too! Thank you Progressive Earth 🙂
violetta N. (verified owner) –
Great product! Cleared issue of faecal water syndrome in our pony (nothing else was effective). Thank lots Progressive Earth!
violetta n. (verified owner) –
Well, we have a filly that had suffered with Faecal Water Syndrome (FWS). We have tried many different supplements and various dietary/management adjustments/changes…nothing helped. Our vets were unable to help either. Some months ago, I have contacted Progressive Earth (PE) asking if there is anything they have that could help our filly (and us…we got tired washing her butt every day). I got a replay immediately, suggesting to use Pro GI. Well, she is clear now (touch wood) and I say that it is due to Pro GI. How do I know this? Well, she cleared out after initial 2 weeks on Pro GI…and got FWS as soon as we stopped giving her Pro GI. So she is back on Pro GI again:) Thanks Progressive Earth!
Claire Evans –
We can hardly believe the change Pro G.I. has made to our stressy dressage horse; from being a grumpy boy who bucked into canter, he is now going so well. His collected canter has come on leaps and bounds and he is now scoring 70% plus at elementary, aiming for medium by the end of the year which we would not have thought possible before we tried Pro G.I. We would highly recommend this product!
Alannah Norquay (verified owner) –
Since putting my mare on Pro GI she has stopped being mareish. She seems more comfortable in herself. She is quieter in her stable and in the trailer. She travels to competitions a lot so this product is great! Recommend for any horse that seems to be unsettled, have an upset tummy and/ or travel a lot. Really keeps your horse happy from the inside out!! Love this product
One of my horses often gets diarrhoea when he changes fields or hay, and I found that feeding him PRO GI around the change really alleviated the problem. I gave it to all of my horses when they first moved from winter to summer grazing, and there were firm poos all round, none of the usual cow pats!
paula mayne (verified owner) –
This supplement has transformed my horse Louie. All bloating has gone, head shaking stopped, generally happier and at 25 he looks absolutely fantastic on it. Thank you Mel, another brilliant product.