AcidBuf is a gentle slow-releasing buffering agent derived from the sustainably harvested calcified skeleton of red algae
Acidbuf has a honeycomb structure that provides a large surface area of (>10m2) per gram.
Research shows this had a significant buffering action for 4-6 hours under simulated in vitro stomach digestion conditions and also stimulated in vitro hindgut fermentation activities.
(Moore-Colyer, M. et al. (2014). Journal of Equine Veterinary Science. 34(3):391–397)
- Acid Buffer
- Help in the prevention & solution of acidosis problems in horses & ponies
- Longer buffering action than limestone flour or sodium bicarbonate.
- Help maintain a higher PH over a prolonged period
- Support a healthy hindgut
- Support a healthy digestive system during periods of heavy work and stress.
- Support the health of the stomach lining
- May help reduce behavior problems associated with digestive distress.
10g per 100kg of body weight per day. (50g per 500kg Horse)
1 x 10ml scoop will give approx = 10g. (Scoop not included).
A feed material for horses.
Analytical Constituents : Calcium 30 %, Magnesium 5.5%, Ash 95%.
How long will a bag last?
Fed at the rate of 50g per day (average 500kg horse) a 1.5Kg bag will last 30 days.
Pack size and availability: Progressive Earth Pro Acidbuf equine feed supplement is available in resealable grip seal pouches containing 1.5 Kg. Scoop not included.
Multiple purchase options are available.