Pro Essential contains a combination of our popular Pro 3 Amino combined with our popular Pro 3 Trace plus additional chelated Magnesium.
Pro Essential contains three of the essential amino acids Lysine, Methionine & Threonine. Plus four essential minerals: Copper, Zinc & magnesium chelate of glycine hydrate & organic selenium yeast in a high quality, highly absorbed form.
- Lysine: Lysine is the first limiting amino acid. Lysine is found in a wide variety of tissues, hormones, and cells throughout the body. Myosin and other muscle proteins contain large amounts of lysine. Proteins that require lysine include the collagens and elastins that make up bone matrix, tendons, skin, and articular cartilage. Keratin protein in hoof and hair also requires lysine.
- Methionine: Methionine serves many key functions in the body, including support for connective tissue, liver function and detoxification, and strong hoof tissue. Methionine is needed for the production of cystine. Cystine is necessary to form the healthy “cross links” of collagen that add strength and elasticity, needed for healthy hoof, skin, hair, ligaments, tendons and cartilage. Methionine belongs to a group of compounds called lipotropics which help the liver to process fat in the body and so supports liver function. Methionine and cystine are naturally occurring “sulphur containing” amino acids. Sulphur is a key element and vital to life. Methionine combines with Lysine to form Carnitine, a carrier needed for the muscle to burn fat.
- Threonine: Threonine supports overall growth and helps keep connective tissues and muscles throughout the body strong and elastic, including the heart, where it is found in significant amounts. Threonine supports a healthy central nervous, and immune system function by aiding in the production of antibodies and is necessary for GI tract health. Threonine is needed to create glycine and serine, two amino acids that are necessary for the production of collagen, elastin, and muscle tissue. It is also needed to build strong bones & tooth enamel and to support healing and recovery.
- Copper is an essential trace mineral often lacking in a horse’s diet and plays an important role in repair, maintenance and development of hooves, joints, bones, tendons ligaments and cartilage. Copper is also required for the production of the pigment melanin which gives hair its colour and supports a healthy coat and helps prevent coat, mane and tail bleaching. Copper is necessary for the mobilization of stored iron in the horses body.
- Zinc is an anti oxidant mineral that plays an important role in the health of the immune system. As well as healthy skin and hooves it is involved in energy metabolism and bone and joint health.
Zinc also plays a role in the production of the pigment melanin (in bay and black Horses) which gives hair its colour and supports a healthy coat and helps prevent coat, mane and tail bleaching.
- Selenium is an important trace mineral that is necessary for the development of a healthy immune system. Selenium supports healthy muscle performance and recovery in hard working horses.
Selenium also aids in reproductive health and helps support healthy metabolic function.
Selenium is often low in UK forage.
- Magnesium Magnesium is an essential minerals that is involved in numerous functions and is needed for more than 325 enzymes within the horses body. Up to 60% of the body’s magnesium is found in the skeleton, with only 30% of that available for mobilization during times when it is needed elsewhere in the body. Magnesium is involved in protein synthesis, plays an important part in nerve and muscle function and is required for the maintenance of normal blood circulation.
Pro Essential is manufactured in a UFAS (Universal Feed Assurance Scheme), BETA NOPS (Naturally Occurring Prohibited Substances), FEMAS (Feed Materials Assurance Scheme), ISO 22000 ( Food Safety Management System) certified state-of-the-art premix manufacturing facility. Pro Essential is produced using the highest quality feed assured ingredients under strictly controlled production conditions and conforms to the requirements of EU and UK legislation governing the manufacture of animal feeding stuffs.
- Improve protein availability.
- Aid collagen formation and tissue repair.
- For horses lacking stamina.
- Support hoof growth and quality.
- Support immune system, healthy nervous system and overall health.
- For overweight horses and those on reduced hay rations.
- Supports tissue repair and muscle growth in exercising horses of all ages and disciplines.
- Can help support development of lean muscle mass.
- Support performance, strong muscles and healthy weight.
- Supports healthy skin and pigment formation.
- Supports a healthy coat.
- Helps prevent coat mane and tail bleaching.
- Supports health of bones, joints, tendons, ligaments and cartilage.
- Supports bone building and remodeling.
- Iron metabolism.
- Healthy haemoglobin levels.
- Involved in protein and carbohydrate metabolism.
- Anti Oxidant support.
- Supports a healthy Metabolism.
- Supports insulin production and release.
1 x 75ml scoop provides:
10 g Lysine (L Lysine)
5 g Methionine (DL Methionine)
2 g Threonine (L Threonine)
300 mg copper (chelate of glycine hydrate)
900 mg Zinc (chelate of glycine hydrate)
5 g magnesium (chelate of glycine hydrate)
1 mg selenium (organic yeast)
Horses: (500-600kg in weight) 1 x 75ml scoop
Ponies (250-300kg in weight): Half a scoop
1 x 75ml scoop provides approx 51g.
We always advise with any new feed/supplement/dietary change that it should be made gradually due to the horse’s sensitive digestive system. As advised by the national research council.
How long does one 1.53 Kg bag last? If fed at the full dose of one x 75ml scoop per day, a 1.53 Kg bag will last approximately one month.
A COMPLEMENTARY FEED FOR HORSES
Calcium 0.2 %, Magnesium 9.8%, Lysine 19.6 %, Methionine 9.8 %, Threonine 3.9%,
Crude Protein 70.8 %, Crude Fibres 1.2 %, Crude Oils & Fats 0.1 %, Crude Ash 23.4 %.
Selenium (Organic selenium 3b8.10) 20 mg/kg, Copper (Copper (II) chelate of glycine hydrate 3b413) 5882 mg/kg,
Zinc (Zinc chelate of glycine hydrate 3b607) 17647 mg/kg.
Magnesium chelate of glycine hydrate, Peppermint.
Do not exceed 1 scoop per day & adjust intakes if other trace element sources are used.
Any questions? If there are any questions about Pro Essential or any other of our range of products, please contact us by email.
Pack size and availability: Progressive Earth Ltd Pro essential equine feed supplement is available in resealable grip seal pouches containing 1.53 Kg. A 75 ml scoop is included.
Multiple purchase options are available.