Magnesium Oxide 90%
90% Magnesium oxide – This is a high quality budget alternative to our ultra low iron human pharmaceutical grade magnesium oxide at 99.8% purity.
- Magnesium oxide is the primary ingredient in many of the quality equine calming products on the market.
- Magnesium is needed for more than 325 enzymes within the horse’s body.
- Involved in protein synthesis, so needed for general growth and repair of tissue, e.g. Hooves.
- Required for the maintenance of normal blood circulation within the body, limbs and feet of the horse.
- Useful when magnesium needs boosting in the diet.
- Magnesium is critical for balanced secretion of insulin and glucose uptake.
- It is involved in supporting correct blood sugar levels after carbohydrate intake and adequate levels can support insulin function ( including cresty neck and/or fat deposits).
- Magnesium is essential for proper calcium absorption and is an important mineral in the bone matrix.
- It can also assist in the absorption and metabolism of Vitamins B, C and E.
- Magnesium can support nervousness stressed horses.
- Periods of stress lead to an increased need for magnesium.
- Magnesium is often lacking in equine diets due to processed, preserved, high concentrated feeds.
- The availability of magnesium is low in fast growing, lush grass after periods of rainfall; in acid soils i.e. ‘horse sick pastures’ or artificially fertilised pastures (acid conditions destroy soil microorganisms which are used to make the minerals usable by plants).
Feeding guidelines – 3g per 100kg of bodyweight.
Pack size and availability: Progressive Earth Magnesium Oxide 90% equine feed supplement is available in resealable grip seal pouches containing either 1 Kg, 2 Kg or 4 Kg of product.
Multiple purchase options are available. Scoop not included.