Magnesium chelate of Glycine Hydrate is an highly absorbable organic source of Magnesium.
This form of Magnesium is bound to the amino acid Glycine and is absorbed in the small intestines by means of amino acid receptors.
- Magnesium is the primary ingredient in many of the quality equine calming products on the market.
- Magnesium is needed for more than 325 enzymes within the horses body.
- Involved in protein synthesis so needed for general growth and repair of tissue, e.g. Hooves.
Required for the maintenance of normal blood circulation within the body, limbs and feet of the horse
- Magnesium is critical for balanced secretion of insulin and glucose uptake.
- It is involved in supporting correct blood sugar levels after carbohydrate intake and inadequate levels are
associated with incorrect insulin function (symptoms include cresty neck and/or fat deposits).
- Magnesium is essential for proper calcium absorption and is an important mineral in the bone matrix.
It can also assist in the absorption and metabolism of Vitamins B, C and E.
- Low levels of Magnesium can result in nervousness and an inability to concentrate, tight tense muscles
which are less able to relax, tightness or tenderness through the back, slow to warm up.
- Periods of stress lead to an increased need for magnesium.
- Magnesium is often lacking in equine diets due to processed, preserved, high concentrated feeds.
- Magnesium is important for the detoxification of toxic substances from the body. It supports
against heavy metal toxicity.
- The availability of magnesium can be low in; fast growing lush grass; after periods of rainfall; in
acid soils or artificially fertilised pastures (acid conditions destroy soil
microorganisms which are used to make the minerals usable by plants).
- Useful when magnesium needs boosting in the diet of horse and ponies prone to laminitis.
Analytical Constituents: Magnesium 20 %, Crude Protein 72.5 %, Crude Ash 38 %.
Composition: Magnesium chelate of glycine hydrate.
Suggested intake: 25g of magnesium chelate to give 5g of magnesium (Scoop not included).
The above are based on a 500kg horse. Adjust intakes if other sources are used.
2 x rounded 15ml scoops supplies approximately 25g of product.
Pack size and availability: Progressive Earth Magnesium Glycinate equine feed supplement is available in 1 kg resealable grip seal pouches.
Multiple purchase options are available.