Pea Protein (80% Protein)
Progressive Earth Pea protein is a high quality protein and a rich source of branched chain amino acids.
Protein is needed to support lean muscle mass, muscle, bone and joint structure, vital organ development, immune system health, hoof and connective tissue health and growth and development.
Pea protein is low in sugar and starch making it an ideal choice, for horses and ponies that are prone to laminitis and for overweight horses on reduced hay rations. These horses are often fed later cut forage which may be low in available protein; pea protein can provide the extra protein that is needed without adding the extra calories.
Horses can benefit from an increase in protein if they are in heavy work or if they are prone to being lethargic. Horses that suffer with poor hoof and skin quality may also benefit from additional protein.
Uses/Benefits of Pea Protein:
- Supports a healthy topline.
- Helps maintain strong muscles.
- Can help support development of lean muscle mass.
- Older horses that cannot maintain a healthy topline.
- Horses in Heavy work.
- To support increased protein demands of the pregnant and lactating mare and growing foal.
- Supports immunity and the benefits of antioxidants.
- Laminitis prone horses and overweight horses/those on reduced hay rations.
- Supports increased protein needs of growing young horses in training.
- Supports tissue repair and muscle growth in exercising horses of all ages and disciplines.
- Horses which have access to low protein levels in the forage.
- Horses on a winter grass diet only, when protein levels can be low.
- Support healthy hoof wall connection.
- Young growing horses that require additional protein.
10 -20g of protein per 100 kg of bodyweight. (1 x 25ml scoop will provide approximately 20g)
Calcium 1.0 %, Phosphorus 1.0 %, Crude Protein 80.0 %, Crude Fibres 2.0 %, Crude Oils & Fats 8.0 %, Crude Ash 7.0 %.
Store in a cool, dry place and out of direct sunlight.
Pack size and availability: Progressive Earth Ltd Pea Protein equine feed supplement is available in resealable grip seal pouches containing 2 Kg of product.
Multiple purchase options are available.